From March 18th through early June 2021, writer and scholar Roxanne Panchasi will be hosting a virtual free school focused on the Paris Commune of 1871 in collaboration with UNIT/PITT Society for Art and Critical Awareness.
Lasting 10-12 weeks, the free school will be open to the wider public. Anyone can participate by taking in the content shared each week, by attending online events (including screenings, discussions, and presentations by special guests, etc.). Participants can follow the whole of the school’s run and/or drop in to check out specific materials or happenings on offer. How much or how little of the free school experience participants engage with is entirely up to them. Free in this instance means without charge, but also without course/attendance requirements, assignments, grades or participant evaluation of any kind.
- WEEK 5Welcome back to week 5 of LA COMMUNE 2021, a […]
- Poems for the Paris Commune April 22Thursday, April 22 19:00 PDT / 22:00 EDTZoom // FreeRegister […]
- Paris Commune Listening Party! April 11Paris Commune Listening Party Followed by a Q&A with co-writer/Artistic Director […]
- WEEK 4And here we are in Week 4 of LA COMMUNE […]
- WEEK 3Welcome back to LA COMMUNE 2021, a virtual free school […]
- WEEK 2Welcome back to week 2 of LA COMMUNE 2021, a […]
- 2021 Artists in ResidenceUNIT/PITT presents the La Commune 2021 Artists in Residence! Each […]
- HAPPENINGS & HEADS-UPsA collection of Paris Commune-related & Commune-spirited events taking place […]
- WEEK 1Bienvenue/Welcome to week 1 of LA COMMUNE 2021, a virtual […]